Question from David
I have been struggling lately with getting my point across to others without being too direct. I know I should always approach a situation with what the other person wants to talk about, and sometimes I find myself wishing I would have handled some conversations differently. Do you have an episode from the past that touches on this or plan on talking about this in the near future?
- “Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.” -Dale Carnegie
- “Begin in a friendly way.” -Dale Carnegie
- Positive Coaching by Jim Thompson
- How to Tell Someone They Messed Up
- When to Start Friendly With Firm Feedback
If you consistently demonstrate to people that you are fully invested in them, they will be much more willing to listen and take negative feedback or directness to heart, when you need to give it.