On this show:
- Positive Coaching by Jim Thompson
- 75% positive and 25% constructive criticism
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The human relations pyramid
- Build rapport first
- Gain influence next
- Finally, get the commitment of others
- How much time have you spent today being a good finder? Here’s a few suggestions:
- Find something specific that has been done well today and take a moment to tell the person responsible that you noticed
- Take five minutes to write a thank you email to someone who’s gone above and beyond the call of duty and copy their manager
- Discover something about a peer or employee today that has nothing to do with the workplace
- If you build constant rapport, you’ll be able to get commitment far faster than most others.
Join our Weekly Coaching Guide at carnegiecoach.com/join and receive it in your inbox every Tuesday. It will provide you with a fast read that will help you get the most from yourself and others. You’ll also get immediate access to the Carnegie Coach online library.
If this show has been helpful to you, please consider taking a moment to leave an honest, written review on iTunes or Stitcher. That helps more people discover this show and also supports us in putting additional resources into Carnegie Coach for the benefit of you, our listener.