How to facilitate green light thinking for better ideas:
- Make time for green light thinking
- Give people the topic in advance to think – some think well on feet and some don’t
- Ask people to write down all their ideas before sharing with others – that ensures the quiet people get heard too
- Encourage ridiculous ideas – how you respond is critical!
- Define time later to process which ideas are best (red light thinking)
If you are intentional about using these steps for your green-light thinking, you’ll generate better ideas for your organization.