On this show:
- Listener question: “As a team leader, I am consistently looking for feedback, but it is too generalized and open. Therefore, my response rate is low. I am looking for specific questions that will require specific answers. Any suggestions?
- One example: “Do you think I am a good communicator?”
- Second example: “What about my communication style do you appreciate most or works best with you?”
- 1. Ask often
- 2. Use stop, start, continue
- 3. Say thank you
- More resources
- If you consistently use these three steps, you’ll get substantially more insight on what you can do in order to be an effective leader.