This episode is brought to you by the Dale Carnegie Course. Learn more about upcoming course opportunities here in the Los Angeles area at http://carnegiecoach.com/dale
How to disagree agreeably? Use a cushion. Here are a few examples:
- Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
- I hear what you’re saying on this.
- It sounds like you’ve said that…
- I appreciate you sharing your view…
Words to avoid:
- Or any other word that negates what the other party just said
And then, go back to episode 123:
- Start With Credible Evidence
- Make a Clear Connection
- State Your Opinion
If you’ll cushion the conversation before you disagree, you’ll find that you’re able to disagree in a much more agreeable way.