This episode is brought to you by our Leadership Training for Managers program. Discover more about our next courses here in the Los Angeles area by visiting carnegiecoach.com/managers
A listener emailed to say, “I am struggling with staying on top of all the emails, phone calls, meetings, and actual work that needs to be done. I could easily work 12 hours days every day and still be behind.”
Dale Carnegie said, “Live in ‘day tight compartments.’”
Use these five strategies to process email quickly:
- Block specific times of the day to process email
- Limit the number of folders
- If it’s less than 2 minutes, do it now
- If it’s more than 2 minutes, schedule or task it.
- Turn off notifications that interrupt your work.
If you’ll take the time to be proactive with email, you’ll be able to spend more time on your most critical work.