This episode is brought to you by our flagship program, the Dale Carnegie Course. The first of the five drivers we focus on during this program is to help you dramatically increase your self-confidence…and self-confidence is essential to move on the suggested actions from today’s show. Discover more about our upcoming courses here in the Los Angles area at carnegiecoach.com/dale
A listener emailed to say they are working on “taking more active leadership opportunities within my organization in an effort to continue to grow my career development.”
Here are five ways you can generate leadership opportunities:
- Identify a current problem in the organization and begin the real work to solve it.
- Review recent emails from your internal or external customer(s).
- Volunteer for the job that nobody wants.
- Help the person you report to get traction on one of their key metrics.
- Volunteer to be the membership chair of an important industry association.
This all comes down to taking action. If you’ll take action to generate leadership opportunities, you’ll find that there are more opportunities there than you could ever imagine.