On this show:
- Evidence, evidence, evidence – people love stories and examples.
- Leave people waiting for more. Stick to 2 minute responses on a panel discussion.
- Help other panelists shine
- Introduce yourself
- Make eye contact when they speak
- Connect to prior points and use names of other panelists
- All the world’s a stage
- Use good posture and sit tall
- Feet on the floor, and feet and knees close together
- If behind a table, sit on the edge of the chair and lean in
- In How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie said, “Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.”
- Do you know someone is who serving on a panel discussion soon? Pass along this episode and you’ll help them look great too.
Join our Weekly Coaching Guide at carnegiecoach.com/join and receive it in your inbox every Tuesday. It will provide you with a fast read that will help you get the most from yourself and others. You’ll also get immediate access to the Carnegie Coach online library.
If you have a question on topic for a future Carnegie Coach episode, connect with us on LinkedIn and we’d love to consider it!